Friday, June 13, 2008

Vacation

Since I wont have vacation until Sept. we have been looking for a place to vacation. Our number one choice is Vermont for a stay at a bed and breakfast. Our second choice is to the baseball hall of fame in Cooperstown,NY. Please let me know if you have any recommendations. I cannot wait to get this years election out of the way I just hope Americans are smart enough to know we are not ready for a president like Obama. He would definetly be the next Jimmy Carter and this country cant handle that right now.

Well the Phillies are safely in first place by 3 games. They are playing very well right now and I'm starting to get the feeling I had in 1993 when they went to the world series. Dont look now but the Eagles are only 2 months away from their first preseason game.

Oil is jumping by leaps and bounds I expect to see gas jump above $5 a gallon by the end of summer and God only knows what natural gas and heating oil will reach by next winter. This is a terrible time to take out a mortgage also that has jumped by near a half of percent in the past 3 days.

Well let me know if anyone has any ideas or links for a fall vacation.

3 comments:

Count Your Blessings said...

Tim has been all over the country, so he may be a good one to ask. One of his fave places is Boston, especially if you're looking to head North. Or you could make a road trip out of it (not like gas prices are good for that) and stop at a few of the places you mentioned!

Anonymous said...

A lot of my friends go down to the Carolina coast for fall vacation. Renting a house is cheap and the water is still warm. A bus company like Perkiomen Tours has getaway packages for the fall that go everywhere--at least you'll save on gas!

Anonymous said...

I am also looking to stay a night or two in Cooperstown, NY with my 13 year old daughter.

I'm a little shocked at how steep the prices are for even modest accomodations down there.Folks must be paying or they wouldn't be charging though.

Not much change in prices either between Summer and Fall rates!

240/night on average? Posh Tropical locales are cheaper.